Duct Cleaning Helps Your Family Breathe Fresh Air
Because you can’t see your ductwork, it tends to be out of sight, out of mind. But did you know that the average six-room home collects about 40 pounds of dust per year? When you consider that, plus the fact that we spend up to 90 percent of our time indoors, duct cleaning becomes a necessary air quality service.
Pollutants—like pet hair, dust, and debris—accumulate in ductwork and vents. Then forced-air furnaces and air conditioners recirculate these contaminants up to seven times a day, which means your family is subject to breathing them in. We recommend having your ducts cleaned every five to eight years to:
- Improve the quality of the air your family breathes
- Save energy because your furnace and A/C will operate more efficiently
- Promote better airflow throughout your home
- Reduce airborne allergens and irritants, including mold, bacteria, and viruses
- Decrease unpleasant smells and odors
Professional Duct Cleaning Provides the Clean Air You Need
Keeping your air ducts, vents, hoses, and other equipment clean and free of contaminants requires professional duct cleaning. Tom’s Heating Service is an HVAC leader in Waukesha that will coordinate a complete cleaning of your entire duct system—clearing years of accumulated dust, mold, fungi, bacteria, and other airborne toxins. Common airborne impurities include:
- Dust—these tiny fibers and particles make up the bulk of the accumulation in ductwork. Dust contributes to allergies, respiratory problems, and makes cleaning your wood furniture a constant chore.
- Pet dander—dogs and cats shed microscopic particles of skin and fur every day, which means pet owners may need to have their ducts cleaned more often than homeowners without pets.
- Molds, viruses, and bacteria—during the summer, humidity in the Waukesha area can be high, encouraging the growth of mold and mildew in air ducts and vents, which poses a potential health risk.
With so many contaminants in the air, your family may experience sinus congestion, allergy or asthma issues, eye irritation, dry throat and nose, coughing, and other symptoms.
The powerful, pneumatic cleaning process uses compressed air to clean your home’s entire duct system. We’ll also clean all the vents, diffusers, and registers in your home—sanitizing is available as well.
For Duct Cleaning Technology Combined With Personal Care—Call on Tom’s Heating
Our NATE-certified professionals deliver on our promise of excellence. The right experience and the right equipment really do make a difference. When we come to your home, we treat it the same way we would treat ours. Turn to the experts at Tom’s Heating—call us at 262-548-1300 or fill out the form for a free in-home estimate.